MY BLOG HAS MOVED!

In 5 seconds, we will automatically redirect you to...
http://p-d-robinson.tumblr.com/
...and don't forget to update your bookmarks!


Tuesday, April 29, 2008

the recent

Training is going super well which i am very pleased with. The extent of my training is as follows on a daily basis:

Wake up at like 8:20 or so, head downstairs and do the first part of my training exercise (55 pushups, 15 ab rollers, 100 crunches, and 25 pull ups). Then I eat breakfast, Cocoa puff preferably. Head to school, do the school thing for a few hours and come home. If its a nice day outside and I don't have too much work to get done ill head outside to climb but if not its to training central, CATS! Lately i have been starting my work outs with a good session of bouldering followed by an intense power endurance work out. This climb "Hudz" is kicking my butt! its like 45 or so moves long and probably around 5.14 with jibs and tracking for feet. I hope to send soon. While doing my endurance work outs if someone is climbing on a cool new boulder prob i will be likely to try that and then get back to the "Hudz" epic. There is this other climb at CATS as well that is awesome and perfect for training too. It is about 30 moves of straight micro crimps! So hard my guess is probably v14 to link the entire thing together. My best effort was when i did approximately 28 moves in a row. After my workout I do exactly what I do in the morning (55 pushups, 15 ab rollers, 100 crunches, and 25 pull ups) and then head home extremely tired.

I feel a lot stronger in the week or so i have been doing this and i cant wait to continue to feel stronger the more i keep training!

This past weekend i headed up to the park for the first time of the season to climb on the veritas boulder! I managed to climb dave's low left veritas which is super pumpy and an alright addition to the boulder. Though that is not what i went up there for. This project to the left of veritas is sooooo sick! I did it from a stand start and it feels really hard. I cant wait to go back and try to link all the bottom moves in, its definitely going to be a sick new test piece for the park when it gets completed!

And last but not least, i ordered some pizza the other night and who would have guessed who would have wrung the door bell to deliver my pizza.... OLSON! what a beast!



As it is kinda hard to tell from the picture, Olson works for a pizza restaurant called double d's. I mentioned to him that he should hire a girl like this to deliver the pizza and he might get better tips.

11 comments:

Climbing Narcissist said...

Hilarious! Something tells me ROlson might be longing for the days of living in Swiss and French bouldering wonderlands.

Climbing Narcissist said...

Also, you should have made ROlson do a session of your home training before giving him a tip.

Anonymous said...

How hard is the stand start and what is it called?

sock hands said...

it's called "sock hands needs to stop giving probinson beta on projects a bazillion times too hard for sock hands" and weighs in at more that v7.


also, i appreciate that i can get both a pizza and in-person beta spray downs delivered with ONE CONVENIENT CALL. only in boulder.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog dude. Do you do 25 pull-ups in a row?!? I can barley do 15. Going back up to suspensions soon? that's hilarious that Olson delivered your pie! And coco puffs are tasty.

Peter Beal said...

No way is the HUDZ project 5.14. You have to do more pull-ups!

Paul said...

well the problem was somewaht of an FA. Though i did not call it anything because where i started was super unobvious and want to do it from the bottom (legit start) before i call it anything. I think that it is about hard v12 maybe 12/13 for the stand. i believe the sit could possibly be v14.

And Peter, with jibs and with the hard exit, it could be!!

Unknown said...

you gotta get yo' VR game up kid!

wade david said...

Paul as strong as you are, you need to be doing twice that amount in the morning, the key is to break a little sweat before school and break a heavy sweat before bed.

sock hands said...

paul/fool: i finally posted up the photos of you and sarah on my blogthing. they're grouped with the other veritas shots.

if anyone you know needs to use em, let me know.

Anonymous said...

do you do everything straight? 55 push-ups? 100 sit-ups or do you break it down? that's a lot if you do it straight?